The District Executive Committee consists of:
1. The Chairperson
2. Vice Chairperson
3. General Secretary
4. Secretary for Finance
5. Secretary for Publicity
6. Chairpersons of Special Organs at the District level
7. The Administrative Secretary, NRM members of Parliament from the district or candidates for member of Parliament in the preceding election, NRM Mayors of Municipal Councils or candidate for Municipal mayor and District Chairpersons or candidate for district chairperson as Ex Officio members of the NRM District Executive Committee.) as ex-officio members.
The functions of the District Executive Committee:
1. Initiate policy and other measures to be considered by the District Conference
2. Articulate to the population the principles, policies and programmes of NRM in the District;
3. Advise the District Conference on the performance of its functions;
4. Implement the decisions relevant to it of the national organs and District Conference
5. Advise members of NRM District Council Caucus on the policies of NRM;
6. Mobilise people in the District to ensure full participation in implementation of the political, economic and social policies of NRM;
7. Carry out such other functions as may be assigned to it by the national organs and or the District Conference.